Yoga In Schools
LET US BRING YOGA TO YOUR SCHOOL!
FREE PRESENTATION FOR TEACHERS AND KIDS
Contact us today! phone: 619.727.4930 or email: [email protected]
YOGA EMPOWERS BOTH STUDENTS AND TEACHERS
- Yoga is safe and fun. It relaxes the body and focuses the mind.
- Yoga is non-competitive. It creates a peaceful cooperative atmosphere.
- Teachers and students enjoy doing yoga together.
- Yoga has many scientifically proven benefits.
- It is inexpensive and easy to do. Yoga is accessible to everyone.
- Your school gets our presentation, videos and helpful guidance for free!
FREE CONSULTATIONFor more information on how to bring the joy of yoga to your school, call: 619-727-4930 or email us at: [email protected]
What We Do
- We bring an engaging and entertaining yoga class to your students.
- The students do the yoga poses with our instructor, sing songs and interact with the teacher.
- We leave your teachers with a DVD containing short yoga exercises that can be done in class.
- We are here to support and advise you on how to present yoga to your students throughout the year.
- Yoga is a safe, non-competitive activity that heightens self-awareness and our capacity for self-control.
- Yoga has been proven to relieve stress and thus enhance cognitive capacity.
- Yoga, done in concert with others, improves poise and assists in the building of social skills. It creates a happy cooperative atmosphere.
- Yoga does not require expensive equipment and takes up very little space, it is a perfect school activity.
- Each student is able to do the exercises at their own pace and at their level of skill. Because there’s no peer pressure to perform to a certain standard, kids are under no stress and glad to participate.
MINDFULNESS"Mindfulness is bringing our fullness of attention into anything."- Jon Kabat-Zinn, founder of the Mindfulness Based Stress-Reduction theory (MBSR)
- By placing attention upon their inner thoughts and feelings, in a calm and reflective manner, children learn to regulate themselves from within. They come to understand themselves more clearly and thus are able to relate to the external world with more poise and composure.
- Mindfulness practices have been shown to develop children's positive social skills such as empathy, compassion, patience and generosity. It can also improve children's self-control and boost their enthusiasm for learning.
- Pilgrimage of the Heart Yoga has two studios in San Diego and a long history of community involvement. In addition to our Yoga in Schools Program, we have Active Seniors outreach, a program to bring yoga to retirement communities. This year we are partnering with the United Nations Association of San Diego to present a free half-day program in Balboa Park for The International Day of Yoga. We also sponsor a visit from The Peace Run, an international relay run for peace, as they pass through San Diego and visit some of our schools.
- Pilgrimage of the Heart believes in San Diego and in community. We endeavor to bring the physical, mental and emotional benefits of yoga to young people and our community at large.
America's Heroes and You
The authors, while visiting the Jefferson Memorial, began to contemplate upon other great heroes of American history and the enduring gifts of inspiration and strength their lives have given us. This curriculum was born from a desire to ensure that these heroes and their lives become role models for our society and, most importantly, for our young people, so that they too can reach their fullest potential as human beings. This booklet is designed for use by children and young adults.